The summer season theatre scene in Great Yarmouth and Brokencliff on
Sea continues in this fourth novel by Tony Gareth Smith. Meet the stars
that made the seaside come alive in the summer and the landladies that
The year is 1972
• A galvanised bucket was found at the scene of the crime – just who
did survive the Golden Sands _fire?
• Will the landladies of GAGGA be persuaded to use wholesaler
“Murdell and Pocock”?
• Cupid has been busy firing arrows, but just who was in the firing
• Meet interior designer Sandie Cross as she does her best to dress up
the outdated décor of The Beach Croft Hotel
• Can the Sparrows Nest, Lowestoft be sure of a star line up for their
• Freda finds another perfume that should carry a health warning!
• Will the plays at The Little Playhouse help resurrect repertory at
Brokencliff on Sea?
• Lady Samantha of Owlerton Hall plans some much needed
restoration work on the crumbling building, with or without the
support of Sir Harold
• Lilly Brockett plays a dangerous game
• Reverend George makes a life changing decision
All of this and more can be found within the pages of “Backstage”, a trip
back in time to gentler times when mobile meant being able to walk
Also by the same author: Twice Nightly, To Catch a Falling Star and
Curtains. All available on line from The Great British Bookshop
(https://thegreatbritishbookshop.co.uk), Amazon, Waterstones and all
good on-line book retailers.
Visit Tony’s website: www.twicenightly.net
Paperback ISBN: 9781784564520
* All services are subject to respective shipping companies terms of service. For more information see respective companies website.