This book examines the foundation of the London Jews Society (LJS) in 1809, and the construction of Palestine Place in 1813 at Bethnal Green in East London. The early supporters of the LJS from 1815 were Anglican Evangelicals, including William Wilberforce and Charles Simeon. A mission centre was established at Palestine Place on a five-acre site, which incorporated an Episcopal Jews' Chapel; separate schools for boys and girls; staff houses; a missionary training college and a House of Industry, which provided work for converted Jews, especially by printing leaflets and books.
Paperback ISBN: 9781784565251
* All services are subject to respective shipping companies terms of service. For more information see respective companies website.